FAQ'S AND SHOP POLICIES
Almost everything is sold out, what gives?!?
- Oof, yes...we realize that this can be frustrating. We update the website with new pieces roughly three or four times a year, and things do tend to go quickly. Please be sure to sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the homepage to get an announcement when updates take place. Our newsletter subs get access to shop the new pieces one hour before our social media followers so if you want first dibs, this is the way.
- Every ceramic object we produce is handmade and one-of-a-kind. Ceramics is a slow and fickle medium even under the best circumstances. We work long hours to keep the kiln firing, but honestly our production is limited to what two humans can reasonably accomplish while maintaining sanity. We refuse to cut corners or simplify our processes just to bump up production and we will always value quality over quantity. We have the best community of enthusiastic supporters and collectors and we try to make sure that everyone out there who wants a Happy Hour Ceramics piece can find a way to snag one.
How do you determine the prices of your items?
- Pricing is a web of several factors, most importantly the size of the piece and the pattern. Larger objects not only take more time, effort, and material to produce but they also take up a lot more space on the drying shelves and in the kiln. Obviously the more intricate patterns that we make are going to cost a bit more. Each pattern is mapped out and hand drawn with pencil, and the pencil lines are then painstakingly traced over with an iron-oxide infused wax resist. Once the wax has dried we paint on three to four coats of glaze per color, per shape. This process takes a long time and we account for that time when determining the final cost of the object.
How often do you update the website? Is there a way I can find out about the updates in advance?
- We try to update as often as we possibly can, typically every 12 weeks. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on a myriad of factors. The best way to stay in touch is to sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the homepage. We never spam and you will always get a one-hour head start to shop the new drops.
Can you custom match the colors and/or patterns in my house?
- The short answer is no. Although we use a wide range of patterns and colors we do not accept custom work. HOWEVER, we are happy to replicate a pattern or color scheme that we've previously made - the best way to approach this is to send a few screenshots of items from our website with some basic questions such as: can you make 'x' shape with 'x' pattern and 'x' color scheme?
How soon will my order ship?
- We try to get all in-stock items shipped out within one or two business days of the order being placed. If there are any unexpected delays on our end we will let you know ASAP
How are shipping costs calculated?
- We use standard shipping estimates from our carriers that take into consideration both your geographic region as well as the weight of the package. For most orders with one or two items this will end up being somewhere around $10-$20. We do not make any additional money from shipping and do not build in the cost of shipping materials to the shipping fees.
Is there anything special I need to do to take care of or clean my Happy Hour piece(s)?
- Not really. We use mid-range to high-fire temps for all of our ceramics work (roughly 2160 degrees Fahrenheit)...this means that the item you are holding has undergone quartz inversion and has vitrified into stone. Vitrification is important because it makes the piece both impervious to water and food safe since bacteria no longer have space to grow. You can easily clean our ceramics with warm water and soap. Occasionally calcium and hard water deposits can form on planters and we recommend using a gentle mixture of either lemon juice and water or vinegar and water and soaking the pot in the mixture for a while.
Okay, but what about dinnerware...are my bowls/tumblers/mugs etc microwave safe? Dishwasher safe?
- Please do not place your ceramics in the microwave - there are metals such as iron in the clay body as well as some of the glazes and they will cause a little lightning storm inside your microwave. The dishwasher is just fine for cleaning ceramic dinnerware but we still recommend hand-washing just to be sure you've really cleaned out all of the food residue.
Will you be making more textiles?
- Yes, and we're really excited about them!! We are going to continue launching limited runs of various textiles and fabric home goods. You'll hear about new items via the newsletter so make sure to subscribe :)
My company/business is interested in carrying Happy Hour Ceramics in our store - how do we set up a wholesale account?
- We are currently maxed out on wholesale accounts but we do have a queue that we can add you to. Our terms are very simple and straightforward and we are always happy to answer questions about wholesale orders via email. Please reach out and let us know a little bit more about you and your business.
What is your return policy?
- We do not accept returns or exchanges, however if you have any issues with your order please let us know immediately. We want you to be happy with your purchase.
- All of our products are handmade and one of a kind. We take great care to package everything safely, but we realize that sometimes things happen during shipping that are out of our control. If your item(s) arrive broken please let us know immediately by emailing a photograph of the broken item and the damaged packaging to email@example.com. We ask that this email be sent within 2 days of receipt. Once we receive your email we will be happy to refund your money in full or give you store credit toward another purchase.
I accidentally broke my piece :((((( is there any way to fix it?
- Oh no!! That's the worst (and we've all been there). Fired ceramics are simultaneously incredibly strong and incredibly fragile. If something happened to your piece and you would like to have a new one made please let us know. There a good chance we can throw a similar shape/size and typically will have the same glazes in stock to match the original. If you want to try to fix it yourself we recommend using Bob Smith Industries Maxi-Cure Extra Thick cyanoacrylate glue. If the piece that has cracked or is broken is intended to come into contact with food or drink please do not try to fix it - small bacteria can form in cracks and cause sickness.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com